This type of ice cream is a refreshing dairy-free and creamy dessert.
Salted Date Caramel
- Avocado puree (1 1/2 cups from 3 ripe large avocados)
- Water (1 1/2 cup)
- Sugar (1 1/3 cup)
- Lime juice (1/4 cup)
- Tequila (1/3 cup)
- Lime zest for garnish
- Peel & pit 3 ripe avocados of the large size and process until smooth in a food processor to make avocado puree.
- Add sugar, water, tequila & lime juice for 1 1.2 cup of puree to the food processor.
- Pulse the mixture until it is completely combined. Get the mixture refrigerated overnight (or for at least 1 hour).
- Get the avocado mixture transferred to the canister of the ice cream maker. Get the mixture refrigerated.
Note: you can put the ice cream to firm up in the freezer and garnish with lime zest before you serve ice cream.
- Ripe bananas (6)
- Light corn syrup (3/4 cup)
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- Scraped vanilla bean (1)
- Heavy cream (1 ½ cups)
- Put bananas in a freezer and freeze them overnight.
- Take bananas out of the freezer and let it thaw from 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Peel bananas; put them in the bowl of the food processor along with lemon juice, process between 10 and 15 seconds.
- Add vanilla bean seeds & corn syrup, turn the processor on, pour slowly in the heavy cream and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Get the mixture chilled until it is 40 degrees in the refrigerator.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker, process based on manufacturer’s instructions.
- Put the mixture in an airtight container.
- Freeze the mixture before serving from 3 to 6 hours
- Unflavored gelatin (1 1/2 teaspoon)
- Water (1 tablespoon)
- Low-fat milk, divided (3 cups)
- Large egg yolks (3)
- Nonfat sweetened condensed milk (1 14-oz-can)
- Vanilla bean (1)
- Fresh or frozen blueberries (1 cup)
- Ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Note: when you make the base of the ice cream, let stand & stir one or 2 times.
- Pour 1 ½ cup of milk into a saucepan of large size. Get the vanilla bean cut in half lengthwise. Then, scrape the seeds into milk and don’t forget to add the pod.
- Cook the milk mixture until steaming under the over medium temperature. In a bowl of medium size, whisk the condensed milk & egg yolks. Pour gradually in the hot milk and whisk until blended. Put the mixture back to the pan and cook it under over medium heat. Stir the mixture by a wooden spoon between 3 and 5 minutes until one side of the spoon is coated a little bit. Avoid boiling so that the custard won’t curdle.
- Through using a fine-mesh sieve, strain the custard into a clean bowl of large size. Add the softened gelatin and whisk until melted. For the remaining of ½ cup milk, get it whisked. Cover and get the custard refrigerated for at least 2 hours until chilled.
- Get the ice cream mixture whisked and pour the whisked mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker. Get the mixture refrigerated. Add cinnamon & blueberries to the ice cream maker at the last 5 minutes of freezing.
Note: You can put the ice cream until firm up in the freezer before you serve it.
Find more home made ice cream recipes for non-dieters at: