Salted Date Caramel
- 14 pitted dates (if the dates are dry, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain them)
- Sea salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Warm water (1-3 tablespoon) (optional - for thinning)
- Bourbon (1 tablespoon, optional)
Coconut Ice Creamcaramel
- raw cashews (1 1/2 cups) (raw cashews need soaking in cool water for 4-6 hours, or in very hot water for1 hour, then they need draining)
- Full fat coconut milk (1 15-oz-can)
- Melted coconut oil (3 tablespoon)
- Maple syrup (1/2 cup) or agave nectar (sub up to half with cane sugar)
- Pure vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
- Pinch sea salt
- Put the ice cream churning bowl until completely chilled in the freezer overnight.
- Cashews need soaking overnight (or for at least 6 hours). Cashews need draining before it is added to blender.
- In a blender of high speed, put drained & soaked cashews, coconut milk & oil, vanilla, sea salt and maple syrup. Blend the mixture until it is smooth & creamy, crap down sides as needed.
- Use the ice cream maker, put chilled mixture into it and churn the mixture for about 45 minutes until it turns soft serve. If the mixture isn’t chill enough, continue to freeze it until it is completely firm and churn the mixture once more time.
- Put dates into a blender or a food processor to make caramel. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add warm water, season and sea salt. Blend once more time to combine all the ingredients.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container of a big size. Add a suitable amount of caramel and swirl by a knife or a spoon.
- Smooth top and cover well. Get the mixture frozen for at least 4-6 hours until it is firm.
- Before serving to soften, set out for 10-15 minutes.
- Frozen raspberries (1 cup)
- Greek style yogurt (1/2 cup)
- Maple syrup/ or honey (1 tablespoon)
- Place raspberries, yogurt and maple syrup (or honey) into a blender.
- Blend the mixture until it is completely consistent.
- Scoop the sorbet and serve immediately.
More recipes can be found in https://momever.com/ice-cream-recipes-for-non-dieters/ and https://momever.com/ice-cream-recipes-for-non-dieters-2/.